Home Dog Boarding
including doggy daycare & dog sitting
If you are going on holiday and don't like the idea of putting your dog in a kennels then this site is for you.
You might be thinking "so what are the alternatives to kennels?". You could try asking friends and family but you can only do that so often. Well, the alternative is here, Home Dog Boarding.
The big question is how to find someone to board your dog at their home, not in a kennels? The answer is to just click the "Find a Dog Home Boarder Button" to take you the first page in our extensive directory of dog boarders.
To make it easy for you we have scoured all the available resources to bring to you what we believe to be the best and most complete register of UK Home Dog Boarders and businesses.
This site is free to use if you are searching for a home boarding service.
This site is also free if you want to advertise your dog boarding service, although we do have paid advertising options for those who run a larger business or anyone who would like to have a more prominent position on the site. Click HERE for more details.
Why use this type of service?
Home dog boarding is often described as dog sitting, pet sitting, home kennels but is characterised by your dog living with a sitter / boarder, in their home, in an environment as near as possible to the one the dog is used to.
How much more would you enjoy your own holiday knowing your dog was being cared for by a loving family with all the creature comforts they were used to?
As dog owners are becoming more aware of this service it is becoming increasingly popular so please try and book your dog's home boarding holiday well in advance of your own holiday or trip away as places are always limited for this special type of care.
Over the last few years there has been an explosion of dog sitters, pet sitters and home boarders providing home dog boarding, as an alternative to kennels, so carefully choosing a home dog boarder or dog boarding company is an important decision.
Choosing a Home Dog Boarder
As with everything the quality and standard of services provided by the individuals and businesses listed on this site varies. The National Home Boarding Register does NOT check or vet any of the entries or listings on this site so you must make sure that you are happy to leave your dog(s) with any Dog Home Boarders prior to your holiday or time away.
Some questions you might like to ask :-
- Do the dogs live in the house and where?
- Are the boarders insured and what does it cover? Ask to see the certificate.
- Where will the dogs be staying and can I visit the boarder before my holiday?
- Are the Home Boarders licensed by the local Council? Ask to see their license.
The Benefits of Home Dog Boarding
Here are just some of the benefits of this service :-
- Your dog lives in a home environment
- Any feeding regime can me maintained
- You supply the food so there is less chance of any upset tummy that changes in food can often cause
- At least 2 good walks per day or as your instructions
- Company (your dog is never left alone for long periods but check with the boarder how long)
- Please contact your local provider to discuss any special needs your dog may have